- PAIN: You may have some mild swelling and discomfort and may take Ibuprofen and or Norco if no allergies are present to NSAIDS/Tylenol or hydrocodone. Use an ice pack, as needed, in the first 24 hours post-op.
- PERSONAL CARE: Remove dressing and packing 24 hours post-op and take a shower, allow the incision to be open to the air.
- RESTRICTIONS: DO NOT take a bath for 3 weeks post-op; NO sexual intercourse; NO use of tampons or anything vaginally for the same duration.
- WORK: Work release information will be given at a 1-week post-op visit.
- DISCHARGE: You will be discharged after recovery on the same day of the procedure. This will enable early mobilization and promotes faster recovery. You will be kept in the hospital if problems arise and if you need to be observed overnight.
Please call our office if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Bleeding from the incision site (soaking a pad an hour for 2 consecutive hours)
- Increased swelling or pain lasting for greater than 24 hours that are NOT improved with taking pain/anti-inflammatory medications
- A temperature greater than >101F
- Persistent nausea and vomiting, unable to tolerate anything by mouth.
We will see you in the office for a 1-week post-op and 3-week post-op visit after the procedure for an incision check and recovery.