- INCISION CARE: You will have three or four incisions on your abdomen that will be covered with dressings. Please REMOVE THE DRESSINGS on all your incisions 24 hours after discharge. Shower DAILY after this, but DO NOT scrub on the incisions. You may allow soap and water to run over them, then blot them dry. The staples will be removed during your first post-op visit one week after surgery.
- DIET: Eat a light diet the day of discharge, resume a regular diet from the next day.
- HOME MEDICATIONS: Resume all home medications the day after surgery.
- PAIN: Please take 600mg of Motrin every 6 hours as needed for pain. Do not take on an empty stomach. You will notice gas/shoulder pain. Please try to rest on your side in a laying down position. You may take Gas-X tablets for gas pain or as needed for bloating.
- ACTIVITY RESTRICTIONS: You may start to drive in one week after surgery if no complications arise. DO NOT DRIVE WHILE TAKING NARCOTIC MEDICATIONS. NO sexual activity (vaginal intercourse), tampons, or douche use for 6 weeks after surgery and also cleared by Dr. Kadiyala. Avoid lifting weights greater than 10 lbs. or vigorous exercise for 6 weeks after surgery. We encourage walking and moving around the house, avoid staying in bed as much as possible as this will help prevent blood clots. Climbing stairs is not a problem.
Please Give our office a call if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Fever greater than 101 F.
- Uncontrolled pain after taking Motrin appropriately.
- Persistent nausea and vomiting.
- Heavy vaginal bleeding: Filling 1 pad per hour for more than two consecutive hours.
- Foul-smelling vaginal discharge.
- Redness, swelling, or drainage from incisions.