- Using only your fingers, apply vaginal estrogen cream once daily on the incision and in the vagina for 4 weeks post-op.
- Take 2 tablets of stool softener twice daily and Metamucil 1 serving/tablets twice daily for 6 weeks
- Please take Miralax daily for the first 3 weeks, after that you can reduce the frequency to every other day.
- AVOID Tub baths for 12 weeks. Showers daily are encouraged.
- DO NOT drive for the first week. You can start driving again based on the doctor’s decision at your first post-op visit.
- DO NOT STRAIN to have a bowel movement. Take laxatives as directed above.
- DO NOT lift anything heavy (over 10 lbs.).
- NO sexual activity or tampon use.
- AVOID swimming, biking, or strenuous aerobics for at least 12 weeks.
- If you need to reach down to the floor for anything, either sit down in a chair or slowly bend down on your knees to pick up.
Please call our office if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Heavy vaginal bleeding: Filling 1 pad per hour for more than two consecutive hours.
- Increased pelvic or abdominal pain lasting for more than 24 hours.
- Foul-smelling vaginal discharge in large amounts.
- Fever greater than 101F or above 100.4 for 4 hours.
- Persistent nausea and vomiting.