WHAT TO EXPECT POST PROCEDURE
- A small or moderate amount of discharge and bleeding may be present after the procedure:
- The discharge may look brownish-yellow due to the antiseptic solution that is used after the procedure on the cervix to stop the bleeding.
- Expect a small amount of bright red blood to appear occasionally for 2 weeks;
- Expect brownish-black or watery vaginal discharge for 2-3 weeks;
- Expect heavier menstrual periods for 2-3 cycles after having the procedure.
- You also may experience some cramping or discomfort after the procedure that may last for 2- 3 days.
Immediately after procedure
- PAIN: Take Ibuprofen 600 mg, or 2 Extra Strength Tylenol every 8 hours, or Midol as needed for pain.
- PERSONAL CARE: NO douching or tampon use, sexual intercourse, or swimming for 3 weeks after the procedure.
Please call our office if you experience any of the following:
- Heavy vaginal bleeding: Filling 1 pad per hour for more than two consecutive hours.
- Severe abdominal pain.
- Foul-smelling vaginal discharge in large amounts.
- Chills/Fever greater than 101F or above 100.4 for 4 hours.